Stress Management Training Programme – Silver: €375
- Basic + a total of 2 hours one to one personal coaching via phone/Zoom
- Subsequent one to one coaching sessions at a significantly reduced rate.
Welcome to our online Stress Management Training Course!
Please allow approximately one hour 15 minute to work through each session
The Need for Stress Management & Resilience Coaching
Stress affects everybody in our society. Stress can be caused by overwork, change at work or home, unemployment, relationships, loss, illness, pollution and the pace of life itself. Stress shows itself in many different ways, some people may develop a stress-related illness, others suffer sleep loss, anxiety, panic attacks or muscular tension. One in every four people seeks treatment for stress at some time in their lives.
The programme shows you how to better manage your stress and become more resilient so that you can continue to perform at your best even in demanding circiumstances. We do not attempt to eliminate stress altogether as we need a certain amount of stress in our lives in order to achieve our goals. The programme presents the theory, skills and techniques of Stress Management.
The programme focuses on three inter-related systems involved in the way each individual responds to stress. Firstly, our thoughts. Secondly, the physical changes which take place in our bodies and thirdly, the behaviour which results from these.
When we experience stress our thoughts are of perceived danger. Such thinking creates the physical changes we associate with fear or panic. This, in turn, may result in behaviour which causes more stress, or in avoidance of the stress provoking situation. With stress management techniques, we can learn to create relaxed and positive habits of thought and we can learn techniques of physical relaxation. These two changes together will result in relaxed and appropriate behaviour enabling us to achieve our goals in life.
The programme consists of eight sessions, each having as its core a lecture and a relaxation exercise, both of which are also recorded for you.
Please note: You only need to practice one relaxation exercise daily , each week i.e. the relaxation exercise specific to that particular session. A different relaxation exercise is introduced each week (8 different ones in total) and by practicing each one for at least a week you will have familiarised yourself with each of the different techniques enough to decide which ones you prefer and work best for you, and in what contexts. Everybody is different and the objective of this course is to provide you with the tools and skills to manage your own stress in your daily life and to develop resilience. Remember this does take time and work but the skills will last you a lifetime!
The Relaxation Exercises
Each of the eight sessions includes a a Relaxation exercise provided in two different formats – a written script and an audio recording. These last from fifteen to twenty minutes each. These are the exercises included in the programme:
- Passive Progressive Muscular Relaxation
- Active Progressive Muscular Relaxation
- Introducing Relaxed Breathing
- Deep Physical and Mental Relaxation
- The Full Breath and Square Breathing Exercise
- Autogenic Relaxation Training
- Anchoring to Positive Thoughts and Feelings
- Inner Peace and Health
Each registered client will be assigned a dedicated personal coach, who is at hand to answer your specific concerns or queries. The basic package includes up to eight emails with your coach who will also monitor the results of your assessments and highlight any causes for concern
The Structure of the Programme
- Nature of stress and its management and basic information about causes and associated problems.
- Stress assessments (level of risk stress-related illness and the nature of the stress problem)
- Relaxation exercise – Passive Progressive Relaxation .
- Muscular relaxation as a treatment for stress.
- Learn the habit of relaxation.
- Assess your strengths and weaknesses in coping with stress and explore your approach to the problem.
- Relaxation exercise – Active Progressive Relaxation
- Introduction to relaxed breathing
- Causes and symptoms of stress
- Assessment: Stress and personality type.
- Relaxation exercise – Relaxed breathing.
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in theory and practise. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy argues that stress may be caused by our patterns of thinking. If we distort a situation in our minds, our emotional response is in line with the distortion, not the facts.
- Uncovering negative thinking habits.
- Assessment – Stress & Depression
- Relaxation exercise – Deep Physical and Mental Relaxation.
- Focus on importance of Breathing, which is the one important function of our bodies, closely connected with our emotions, which we can consciously control.
- Hyperventilation and introduction to breath control techniques.
- The use of ‘triggers’
- Relaxation exercise teaching deep breathing and breath control.
- Challenging Negative Thinking Habits & Negative Behaviour Patterns and explore the possibilities of replacing them with more positive thoughts and behaviours ( Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic method).
- Building self-esteem
- Relaxation exercise based on autogenic training.
- Positive Thinking Techniques (Cognitive Behavioural Method).
- Relaxation exercise – Anchoring to positive thoughts and feelings.
- Lifestyle Changes (Diet , Exercise etc)
- Assertiveness techniques
- General review in terms of changes in attitude & behaviour,.
- Relaxation exercise on inner peace and health.